Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lucky Charms Review!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, folks! May the Irish luck come to ye, and the luck of Lucky Charms came to me in the shape of marshmallow rainbows! Lucky Charms was my first General Mills cereal, and man, was it good. It's now one of my personal favorites, other than Apple Jacks (which still reigns as the top). Lucky Charms is sweet, flavorful, and definitely the most creative cereal I have ever seen. The taste is very sweet, but I'm not a big fan of marshmallows. It's good, but it depends which marshmallow it is to be good or not. The other little boring bits actually aren't as dull as they look, they're actually pretty tasty.
The look of the cereal is awesome. The boring bits are tasty but look dull, but those marshmallow pieces will turn any bad day good by just looking at them. When I said that this was the most creative cereal I've ever seen, I mean they put so much colorful creativity and work into Lucky Charms. They even give the marshmallows names like "Purple Horseshoes", "Magical Green Glovers", and "Red Balloons". Dude, they even have balloons in the cereal.
The advertising campaign is stereotypical, like every GM cereal, but is likable and is one of my favorites. Like the Trix Rabbit, it follows our leprechaun friend Lucky, who practically worships his own cereal and takes a bowl with him wherever he goes. Suddenly, a group of kids try to steal it from him. Usually they succeed, but there's been a few times Lucky's gotten away with it, unlike our Trix rabbit friend. The advertisements with Lucky are prehistorically old, possibly 50 years old. Maybe it's because these advertisements are so entertaining to watch.
To sum it up, Lucky Charms are creative, tasty, and fun for any age. It's officially one of my new favorites. If you want to get into the cereal, check out these three commercials below featuring Lucky or the auto-tune remix I posted yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment