Saturday, April 6, 2013

Trix Review!

Yup, I've been on a LONG hiatus since my Lucky Charms review, but now expect to see a new review every 3 days. Today I review Trix, another fruity but bad tasting cereal that I've reviewed lately.
Trix is a dumb cereal, in my opinion. Like all of the other fruit cereals I've done, I think it tastes bland and just kinda strange. Yet, knowing this is like any other ordinary fruit cereal, they hype it up with Trix yogurt, t-shirts, tons of Trix spin-offs, and more- it's just cereal! So, yeah, the taste is like what I've said for Froot Loops and Fruity Pebbles.
The design of the cereal is quite pretty, in fact. Most are shaped like colorful flowers or various types of fruit, which is very appealing to look at. The box art is also pretty colorful, too.
The advertising campaign is very simple but also very interesting to look at. It involves a rabbit, simply known as the Trix Rabbit, who simply just wants a bowl of Trix, but these nasty kids tell him it's only for kids. DISCRIMINATION! Most of these advertisements involve the Rabbit going out of his way for a simple bowl of cereal, using disguises and plans of all sorts. In fact, my favorite is a "Got Milk?" advertisement where the Rabbit finally gets his Trix but runs out of milk. It's really frustrating to see that ad, frankly.
Trix tastes like every other fruit flavored cereal- not very good, but the advertisements and look of the cereal is very eye opening and cool.
To end my review, here's a compilation of Trix ads.



No comments:

Post a Comment